Antal spillere: 1-5
Spilletid: ca. 60 min.
OBS: Du kan vælge at købe en billigere udgave, som er transportskadet. Det er typisk en bule i hjørnet eller et lille hak i kassen, og ikke noget der påvirker indholdet, så derfor har vi sat prisen ekstra ned. Se billedet for at se skaden.
One quali-tea copy of the Kickstarter Exclusive ☕️ Chai — Deluxe Edition. Includes all unlocked Retail and Deluxe Edition stretch goals. Have tea with friends and family while playing this immersive board game!
Unique features to the deluxe include:
- 30 metal coins
- GameTrayz™ deluxe insert
- Metal 1st player token
- 2 dice for AI solo variant
- 10 deluxe exclusive cards
- 5 deluxe superfan-inspired cards
- 5 deluxe wild pantry tokens
- Spot UV box text
- Upgraded deluxe dice (16 mm)
- 5 wild tea ingredient tiles
- Linen box finish
- 3 unique customer tips
- 3 NEW ability cards
In Chai, you will step into the shoes of a tea merchant, combining tea flavours to make a perfect blend. Specializing in either rooibos, green, oolong, black or white tea, you will buy and collect ingredients to fulfill your customers’ orders.
As a tea merchant, each turn you will do one of the following:
- Visit the Market – The player immediately receives a gold coin and selects a tea flavour tile (mint, jasmine, lemon, ginger, berries, and lavender), adding to their tea box. If the flavour tile is touching tiles of the same type these tiles are also taken. Payment (gold, silver, or a copper coin) is placed in the money pouch corresponding to the furthest-right column the tiles were in. Players cannot have more than 12 flavour tiles in their tea box at any time.
- Select Additives – Tea additive cards (milk, sugar, honey, vanilla, and chai spices) are also needed to complete most orders. A player may conduct two actions in the additive area: selecting all of the additive cards of one type (with new cards drawn after the first action), resetting the visible cards, or drawing a card from the additive deck. Players cannot have more than 6 additive cards in their tea box at any time.
- Reserve a Customer – A player may also reserve a customer card from the customer pool from the visible cards or draw deck. If drawing a visible card, a new card is immediately drawn faceup into the customer pool to replace the card taken. A player cannot have more than 3 unfulfilled customer cards at any time in their tea box. If a player has more than 3 cards, a card is discarded and placed faceup in the customer pool with a copper coin from the money pouch placed on top.
At the end of each turn, a player may complete a tea order from one customer card in their hand or visible in the customer pool. A base tea token, tea flavours and additives shown on the card are needed ingredients, and placed in an empty tea cup. The player flips over a tip and receives a coin bonus, moving the thermometer round tracker up one notch if all cups are filled.
The game ends when five rounds of cups have been fulfilled. When the final order is completed, other players complete their last turn so that each player has played the same number of turns.
To score, players add up their victory points from fulfilled customer orders, and add their leftover money to this total. In 3-5 player games, additional points are awarded to the player(s) who fulfilled the most orders and most diverse tea recipes. Award ties are friendly with each winner receiving 5 points.
The player with the most victory points (from customer orders, money, and awards) wins the game as best tea merchant! In the case of a tie, the person with the least number of fulfilled customer cards wins. If still tied, the person with the least amount of money wins. If that does not break a tie, the victory is shared.
Spillet er på engelsk