Spilordner til Massive Darkness Base Game (Go7 Gaming) - MD-001
The storage solution for the Massive Darkness™ base game conveniently stores all base game components including player dashboards, class pads, tokens, dice, minis, cards, and tiles. This kit includes four (4) removable trays and a large base insert that is intended to be permanently stored in your game box. This solution provides a total storage solution for the Kickstarter or retail base game contents, plus the Crystal and Lava tiles.
This solution is designed with a rectangle of unused space at the top where you can store your player dashboards and all class pads (add-ons too). This unused space can be filled in using the MD-002 Tray kit, which will offer additional minis storage space in the base box. However, you will then need to store your player dashboards and class pads in one of the smaller add-on boxes.
This storage solution provides:
- storage for six (6) large enemy minis, six (6) heroes, and two (2) bin storage trays for your smaller enemy minis
- one (1) removable card storage unit that stores large/small, sleeved/unsleeved cards
- two (2) removable mini trays that include adjustable inner walls and dividers
- one (1) removable token tray for small tokens, pegs, mini bases, and dice (24 dice), including a small, removable wound token tray inside
- etched name tabs for the base game minis
This solution provides free space at the top for game manuals (base + Crystal & Lava manual).
What Do You Need?Massive Darkness™ is a really big game and it has tons of minis. It is unfortunate that CMON did not provide a quality box for many of the Kickstarter extras as this would have allowed us to collapse a full set of the game + expansions into perhaps three boxes. As it stands, if you own add-on content you will need some of the smaller solutions and will need to use the smaller boxes, in addition to the base game box.The guidance follows:
- If you own just the base game (retail), you should purchase 1x MD-001.
- If you own the base game (Kickstarter including the KS extras), you should purchase 1x MD-001, 1x MD-003, 1x MD-005, and 1x MD-007 and possibly MD-008. The MD-008 provides etched name tabs for all heroes and monster classes in the expansions, including the Kickstarter content.
- Alternatively, if you own the base game (Kickstarter including the KS extras), you can purchase 1x MD-001, 1x MD-002, 1x MD-003, and 1x MD-007 and possibly MD-008. This alternate approach means you will be storing your class pads and player dashboards in a small add-on box and not in the MD-001.
- If you own everything, you should purchase 1x MD-001, 1x MD-003, 1x MD-004, 1x MD-005, 1x MD-006, 1x MD-007 and possibly the MD-008. If you want to increase the number of enemy minis you can store in your base game box, you can also grab an MD-002, but you will need to store your player dashboards and class pads in one of the smaller add-on boxes. If you have bridges, chests, columns, and doors, you will find spaces to store them across the various inserts.
Note: you can optionally store all of your KS extras in 1x MD-004 + 1x MD-005 + 1x MD-006, instead of 1x MD-007. This solution uses the smaller add-on boxes and the MD-006 will cause ~11mm of lid lift in the smaller Troglodytes, Ratlings, or Elementals add-ons boxes. Further, this solution will require that you store the Nightmare Thing and Overseer minis together. This approach also costs more than just grabbing an MD-007, but it does have the advantage of using all but one of your smaller boxes.
- Beyond the two choices above, consider that the MD-001 solution handles the base game and includes etched name tabs for all heroes and monster classes in the base game. The MD-007 handles storage of many of the Kickstarter extras. The MD-002 offers two additional trays usable in your base game insert. If you use the the MD-002 you will need to store you player dashboards and class pads in one of more smaller add-on boxes. This may cause lid lift in the smaller boxes (Cockatrix, Tusk), if you don't have one of the taller small boxes (Hellphant, Spearmaiden Cyclops).The MD-003 insert is usable in either the Sorcerers vs Lord Tusk or Noble Warriors vs The Cockatrix add-on boxes and stores the minis from both of these add-ons. The MD-004 insert is usable in either the Bloodmoon Assassins vs The Hellephant or Warrior Priests vs The Spearmaiden Cyclops boxes and stores the minis from both of these add-ons. The MD-005 insert is usable in either the Elementals, Ratlings, or Troglodytes boxes and is designed to store the minis from Elementals and Troglodytes together in a single box. The MD-006 insert is usable only in the Reptisaurians box and is designed to store the minis from Reptisaurians and Ratlings together in a single box. Finally, the MD-008 provides etched name tabs for all heroes and monster classes within the expansions and Kickstarter extras.
Note: if you own everything, you can't just grab 1x MD-001 and 2x MD-007s to store your entire collection. The MD-007 is not deep enough to store many of the larger minis present in the small add-on boxes.
Solution MatrixThis is a complex offering with a ton of content, so here's a table that may help. As you view this table, keep in mind that you will never need more than one of each model below. Most of the solutions below allow you to collapse two add-ons into one a single box.
|Base + KS Extras #1||x||x||x||x||optional|
|Base + KS Extras #2||x||x||x||x||optional|
|Base + KS Extras #3||x||x||optional|
|All in KS||x||optional||x||x||x||x||x||optional|
|Troglodytes and / or Elementals (non-Kickstarter, holds both)||x|
|Bloodmoon and/or Warrior Priests Addons (holds both)||x|
|Reptisaurians and/or Ratlings (holds both)||x|
- Base + KS Extras #1 - this approach utilizes the MD-002 to provide more minis storage in the base box. This removes the need for the MD-005, but does require that you store your class pads and player dashboards in your remaining small add-on box and there will be some lid lift.
- Base + KS Extras #2 - this approach stores your class pads and player dashboards in your base game box, but requires the addition of the MD-005.
- Base + KS Extras #3 - a customer has reported that he managed to fit the base game + Kickstarter extras into just the MD-001 and the MD-007. Keep in mind that this required a little ninja storage skill, but it is possible. This approach does require creative thinking and uses storage areas in ways that we did not design for, but based on the images he shared with me it looked good and does save you needing a couple of smaller boxes and extra inserts. If you find you are unhappy with this approach, you can always add one or more of the smaller storage solutions later; they ship for ~$6 in the USA.
- This insert can store sleeved / unsleeved small and large cards.
- The token trays in this solution will accommodate either the cardboard tokens or add-on premium plastic tokens but not both.
- This insert is constructed of HDF (wood product) and is natural colored. HDF does not contain a wood grain as it is a constructed wood product.
- Insert assembly requires some wood glue and about 60 minutes of assembly time. I recommend Sobo Craft glue or another comparable quick setting, tacky glue.
- This product is not officially licensed. All marks are the property of their respective owners.