Star Realms Universal Storage Box (SR-001) (Go7 Gaming)
The storage solution for the Star Realms Universal Storage Box takes a great start and makes it even better. The original box offered ~1110mm of card storage in three lanes. However, once we placed our play mats in one of the lanes, the card storage was immediately reduced to just 740mm of storage space.
If you are willing to use a crafting knife to cut out the cardboard insert, the solution offers 895mm of card storage (155mm more linear card storage than the publisher solution if you need to store a play mat or two) in five lanes and provides a dedicated storage area for two play mats. There is also room in the play mat area for the rulebook and oversized challenge cards.
Note: cutting the inner walls out of your box is your responsibility and we accept no liability for issues you may experience! The experience with this box modification was great and the remaining box is very sturdy, but the lawyers insisted we warn you. If you choose to do it, use a sharp hobby knife and use shallow cuts 90 degree joins inside the box. Work slowly and carefully.
This solution contributes ~2.8mm of lid lift. This was necessary so that we could support the amazing plastic dividers that are included in the box. The lift is almost unnoticeable.
- This insert kit provides storage for your manual in the play mat area.
- This insert can accommodate sleeved or unsleeved cards and provide 895mm of standard card storage. We use FFG sleeves, but since they are so large most other sleeves will work as well. The oversized challenge cards can be stored in the play mat storage area.
- This kit includes five (5) wood dividers.
- This insert kit is lovingly crafted with laser power using a 3mm HDF wood product and is natural colored. HDF does not contain a wood grain as it is a constructed wood product.
- Insert kit assembly requires some wood glue and about 45 minutes of assembly time. We recommend Sobo Craft glue or another comparable quick setting, tacky glue.
- This is not a licensed product. All marks are the property of their respective owners.